The Bureau of Statistics (BOS) was established in 1971 after dissolution of one unit as a Statistical Arm of Planning & Development Department for the collection, Consolidation, Processing, Analysis, Publication and Dissemination of Statistics on Economic, Social, Demographic & other important dimensions. Being a premier Provincial Statistical Organization & an attached Department of Planning & Development Department, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa the B.O.S caters to the data needs of diverse populace of data users while meeting National & International Standards of data classifications & protocols. It generates timely & reliable Statistics through Surveys & Secondary Data.
Generate and disseminate objective- oriented, credible and timely official statistics to facilitate policymakers, planners and other users of the data to make informed decisions and make the best use of data for sustainable and inclusive development.
- To establish an efficient, professional and statistically sound system in the Province.
- To formulate indicators and collect data against established indicators periodically.
- To bring improvement in the scope and coverage of existing statistical reports making them more user-friendly.
- To build capacities of staff in various fields of Data Management.
- Liaison with the Federal Government, Provincial Line Departments, District Governments and other development partners for all statistical matters.
- Provide expertise and training to Provincial Line Departments and District Governments to improve statistical information and data management.
- To collect and analyze Primary and Secondary Socio-Economic data and present facts and figures in the desired format to best serve the needs of data users.
- Prepare and disseminate statistical publications and information to data users.
- To act as a representative of the Province in all Statistical Panels of the Federal Government.